THE HOLIDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
From our keto home to yours, we wish you Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. We are grateful for all of you, and pray for your good health and good cheer! Here are the recipes the Robach family will be enjoying on our 5 course Christmas Dinner feast. From cocktails to appetizers, entrée to sides, sauces to dessert, they’re plenty of alternatives on myketohome.com.
Low-Carb Blackberry Sidecars
- 2 shots blackberry vodka
- 1 shot blackberry brandy
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- Blackberries for garnish
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, brandy, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into martini glasses.
- Garnish with blackberries and lime twists.
Keto Friendly Multi Seed Crackers
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt Kosher or sea salt work great
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or your favorite dried herb or spice
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line 11 x 17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Using wooden spoon, mix in melted coconut oil and 1 cup boiling water until the mixture forms a ball.
- Spread out the dough in a thin layer to the edges of the baking sheet. A small pastry roller does a fantastic job. Your hands will do the trick as well.
- If you want uniform cracker size, score the batter with a pizza wheel or sharp knife. I divide batter lengthwise in eighths, and widthwise in fifths. If you prefer random sizes, forget about scoring.
- Bake on lower rack for one hour, turning the sheet halfway through for even browning. Turn the oven off and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of the crackers. Now back in the oven for one hour to let the crackers cool.
- When cool, break into pieces and store in sealed container. Top with softened creamed cheese dips, guacamole, or my go-to dip - pimento cheese.
Praline Kahlúa Brie
- 14 ounces of baby brie cheese – 1 round
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 2 tablespoons truvia or Swerve brown sugar replacement
- Using sharp knife, slice the rind from the top of the brie round. Place on oven safe plate or dish. I use either a baking stone or glass pie plate.
- In small bowl, combine pecans, Kahlúa and brown sugar substitute .
- Spread mixture over the top of brie and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, or just until soft.
- Serve warm.
Spicy Keto Guacamole
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt kosher or sea
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup red onions diced
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato Roma or plum, chopped
- Slice 3 avocados in half lengthwise. Separate the halves and discard pits. Using a spoon, scoop out avocado pulp and place in medium-size bowl. Add fresh lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper and toss. Using a fork, mash until desired consistency.
- Fold in cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, and tomatoes until combined
- Serve and enjoy!
Best Keto Beef Ribeye Roast Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- 4 lb ribeye roast boneless
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tbsp minced garlic about 6 large cloves
- 2 tbsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- Preheat oven to 450° F. In a small bowl combine minced garlic, pepper, salt, and oregano.
- Brush melted butter over roast. Cover roast with garlic and spices.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° F and bake until thermometer reaches 125°F for medium-rare. Remove from oven. Loosely tent with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- For a medium roast, remove from oven when temperature reaches 135°F. For medium-well, remove when temperature reaches 140°
Keto Beef and Wine Au Jus
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine Merlot, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Syrah
- ½ tsp dried rosemary or ½ fresh rosemary sprig
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced shallot and stir, about 2 minutes, until the shallot begins to soften but does not brown.
- Add black pepper, beef broth, red wine, and rosemary. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to approximately 2 cups. Strain and serve.
Quick and Easy Keto Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce
- Heavy Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 24 ounces mushrooms (1.5 pounds) any variety
- 1 medium shallot minced
- ½ cup white wine dry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp dried
- coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Use whole mushrooms if small, otherwise slice or quarter.
- In a heavy, deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add butter until foamy. Increase heat to high, add mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, for 4-5 minutes until they have caramelized on the bottom. Flip mushrooms over and cook another 4-5 minutes, until mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in shallots and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add wine and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 3 minutes, or until liquid is greatly reduced. Add thyme.
Cheesy Sour Cream Cauliflower Rice
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen riced cauliflower Green Giant frozen organic riced cauliflower from Costco is great when you're in a hurry.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese I use extra sharp.
- freshly grated pepper
- Place 12 ounces frozen or fresh riced cauliflower in a casserole dish in microwave. Cook on high for 4 minutes. Do not add water.
- Add butter and microwave for additional 1 minute. Add sour cream and cheddar cheese. Stir until mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
Amy Robach's Pan Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Heavy-Bottomed Sauce Pan
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 strips bacon uncooked (thick-cut or 4 regular) about 4 oz. cut into small squares
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ C onions or leeks, chopped
- ½ C chicken broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt Kosher or Sea
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- ¼ C Parmesan cheese shredded (optional)
- Rinse, then trim stem end of 1 pound Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Using kitchen shears, cut uncooked bacon into small squares and place in heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until bacon starts to crisp. Add olive oil and onions. Using spatula or wooden spoon, stir 5 minutes, or until onions become transluscent.
- Add Brussels sprouts, chicken broth, Kosher or Sea salt and ground pepper. Sauté until both sides turn a deep golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese and cover with lid for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
Keto Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake Adapted from The Capital Grille, NY, NY
- 1 pound 92% cocoa chocolate I used 5 bars Ghirardelli Intense Dark 92% broken into pieces
- 1 pound unsalted butter diced
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso or 1 teaspoon espresso powder dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1 cup Swerve or truvia Brown Sugar
- 8 eggs beaten to blend
- Low-carb raspberry sauce
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Land O Lakes sugar-free whipped heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a springform pan with foil to seal out water, or a 2-inch deep, 9-inch diameter cake pan, lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
- Bring butter, espresso and brown sugar substitute to boil over medium-high heat in saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add chocolate pieces; whisk until smooth then remove from heat and cool slightly – just a few minutes.
- Whip eggs until blended. Stir eggs into chocolate mixture until blended. Do not whip.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, then place in roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of pan.
- Bake until center of cake is set, and tester (I use a toothpick) inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 42-45 minutes.
- Remove pan from water. Wrap in foil and chill cake overnight.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. If using a springform pan, loosen sides to release cake. If using round cake pan: using oven mitts, hold pan bottom over low heat on stovetop for 15 seconds, warming slightly to release cake. Place platter over pan. Hold pan and platter together tightly and invert. Lift off cake pan and peel off parchment.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator an hour or two before serving. Cut into slices and top with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. Top with a few fresh raspberries.
Keto Low Carb Jam and Berry Sauce
- Medium saucepan
- 12 oz frozen raspberries, blueberries, or berry blend
- ½ cup truvia or Swerve granular sugar replacement
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter optional
- In medium saucepan, combine berries and truvia Sweet Complete or Swerve granulated sugar substitute. Stir over medium heat, breaking up any frozen chunks until berries begin to soften and produce juice, about 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt to ramp up flavors. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries have broken down, the sugar substitute dissolves, and sauce thickens. Raspberries tend to break down more quickly. Blueberries or berry blend (blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries) take a little longer. The longer the simmer, the thicker it gets. Use a wooden spoon to help break the berries down as they cook. Depending on the sweetness of the berries and your personal taste, you can add a bit of truvia from the 2 gram packet.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Place into a glass or plastic container. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. It will thicken as it cools. Stays fresh a solid 4 weeks in the fridge, but we promise, this jam/sauce will disappear much sooner.