Crackers have been a mainstay in our house for as long as I can remember. In our pre-keto days, we’d load our shopping cart with multiple boxes of crackers that I assumed were healthy. Hey – they contain ingredients like whole grains, right? I knew they made quick, easy, and delicious snacks, but the problem was, I never looked for the added sugars or carb counts on the nutrition labels. Perhaps it’s because I never looked at nutrition labels. Then came keto, and now, of course, I read them all.
Once you try these seed crackers, I guarantee you’ll never go back to store brands. These keto seed crackers are an incredible replacement. In fact, they taste better than any cracker I’ve ever bought! Full of healthy seeds and amazing flavors, they hold up to soft cheese spreads and hard cheeses. Try them with our spicy keto guacamole, too! They are super-crispy, delicious, and simple to prepare. As soon as we run out, I make another batch.
I don’t like to fuss over tough recipes, and this one has minimal prep. Start by mixing the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl; then add melted coconut oil and boiling water. Stir until the mixture forms a ball, and spread the cracker dough onto a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake. The only tough part: waiting until they’ve cooled and crisped in the oven!
You’ll be blown away when you compare the net carbs contained in these seed crackers to store brands, which average about 10 times higher!
Rosemary is my favorite herb to add to these crackers, but I’ve also have great results using dried oregano, basil, and Italian seasoning blends. Bring out a variety of cheeses, meats, or dips and you’ve got instant appetizers.
I store all my seeds in the freezer. Found out the hard way they go rancid within a couple of months, and I order most seeds from Amazon because they’re not always available at my grocery store.
Store crackers in sealed container in your pantry. No need to refrigerate. They stay fresh for a few weeks, but they won’t stay in the cupboard for long. : )
Yield is about 40 – 2 x 2-inch crackers per batch.
Keto Friendly Multi Seed Crackers
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt Kosher or sea salt work great
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or your favorite dried herb or spice
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line 11 x 17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Using wooden spoon, mix in melted coconut oil and 1 cup boiling water until the mixture forms a ball.
- Spread out the dough in a thin layer to the edges of the baking sheet. A small pastry roller does a fantastic job. Your hands will do the trick as well.
- If you want uniform cracker size, score the batter with a pizza wheel or sharp knife. I divide batter lengthwise in eighths, and widthwise in fifths. If you prefer random sizes, forget about scoring.
- Bake on lower rack for one hour, turning the sheet halfway through for even browning. Turn the oven off and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of the crackers. Now back in the oven for one hour to let the crackers cool.
- When cool, break into pieces and store in sealed container. Top with softened creamed cheese dips, guacamole, or my go-to dip - pimento cheese.