We can’t get enough cheesecake – ever! Our new Keto/Low Carb Cheesecake recipe is a remake of a family favorite that we think you’re gonna love. A silky-smooth vanilla and lemon filling, topped with sweetened sour cream and surrounded by our almond flour and pecan crust, is fabulous either with or without our keto/low carb jam and berry sauce drizzed on top (using sugar substitute erythritol) All for 5 net carbs per slice including the sauce!
The original crust was made with 3 cups of crushed Rice Krispies, which alone contains over 71 net carbs! We also replaced the white sugar with Swerve brown sugar replacement for an additional savings of 50 net carbs. And that’s just for the crust! Instead, we use almond flour, chopped nuts, Swerve brown, a little cinnamon, stirred with melted butter to create our delicious, low carb crust.
The filling takes less than 2 minutes to prepare. We beat together cream cheese, eggs, powdered erythritol, and a little vanilla extract and fresh lemon juice until smooth, then pour into the cooled crust before baking at 375 for 20 minutes.
The sweetened sour cream top layer completes the trifecta of flavors and textures of this easy to make, irresistible dessert. Combine sour cream, powdered erythritol, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and spread the mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Bake 5 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
If you’re into raspberry sauce drizzled over the top, use our keto/low carb jam and berry sauce. We use frozen berries, erythritol, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of butter to produce a very low carb and luscious sauce.
If you’re a cheesecake lover like we are, try some of our favorite keto/low carb cheesecake and pie recipes by clicking on the links below.
Keto/Low Carb Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
- 9 inch pie pan
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar alternative Swerve, truvia, Sukrin Gold
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 12 oz softened cream cheese full-fat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered erythritol
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- TOP LAYER
- ⅔ cup full-fat sour cream
- 4 tsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp optional raspberry sauce (low carb jam and berry sauce) link to recipe in blog above
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a 9" pie plate with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar replacement, and cinnamon until well-mixed. Drizzle in melted butter and combine ingredients with a fork. Press the crumbs firm into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake on center rack 10 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Refrigerate until cool.
- Filling: Raise oven temperature to 375° F. Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, powdered erythritol, and lemon juice. Mix until blended. Pour into crust and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top layer: In small bowl, combine sour cream, powdered erythritol, and vanilla until blended. Spread mixture over top of cheesecake and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Optional: top with 4 tsp raspberry sauce and serve. Recipe link for sauce in blog above.